Welcome to the December 2015 Accountability & Budget Recap post – last one for 2015. This is exciting!
This post is broken into two sections: Budget and Debt Eradication.
Budget Accountability for December 2015:
- Overall, still under budget!
- Did not have to pay for some kid activities I was planning on, home services (lawn care), and the gas prices have been great on our trip, which have helped keep the rest of the budget balanced (such as it is).
- We still do have two days left in December, and honestly, we may go over budget by the time we pay for our food out on the trip back and the gas. Sigh. I may transfer money from our sinking fund to cover the cost of gifts this month, since we do have a gift category. (I just knew we would be spending in that category this month, and I wanted to budget in extra for it.)
Total Debt Eradication for December 2015: $2,433
- $542.60 extra payment sent to Loan 1 & Loan 2
December 2015 Net Income: $2,377.58
Snowflaking: $407.85 (all of this went into our Student Loan Debt Eradication Fund – if it was prior to the middle of the month, it became part of the big supplemental payment we made; if it was after the middle of the month, it’s still hanging out in the account to be used in the following month)
$100 – Swagbucks (<– referral link, but it’s totally awesome!) via PayPal
$141 – H’s side hustle
- $166.85 – H’s second side hustle
- $0 (January)
- $56 (February) – yeah!
- $20 (March) – woot!
- $80.31 (April) – yay!
- $44.20 (May) – whee!
- $20 (June) – woohoo!
- $12.82 (July) – what what!
- $60.35 (August) – wowie zowie! (can you see that I’m running out of imagination on my happy exclamations?)
- $44.48 (September) – good golly!
- $40.16 (October) – yippee!
- $15.42 (November) – hurrah!
- $0 (December)
2015 Consigning total: $393.74
2015 Mintly Snowflaking Goal Progress:
- $110.01 (January)
- $929.75 (February)
- $649.58 (March)
- $534.50 (April)
- $289.84 (May)
- $273.91 (June)
- $292.02 (July)
- $430.55 (August)
- $539.38 (September)
- $288.27 (October)
- $412.63 (November)
- $407.85 (December)
2015 Snowflaking total so far: $4,4870.02
Life Accomplishments this Month:
- Getting food poisoning! … Okay, that wasn’t so great.
- Spending Christmas with family. 🙂
TL;DR: Chugging away, but looking forward to 2016. The checks from my Citibank experiment came in and I sent them on to Navient, but they haven’t posted yet… Not sure when they will show up. Changes coming in the way recaps are done in 2016!